top of page
Director Of Community Development & Education
Employment and Disability Specialist
David Beinke is our Director of Advocacy who provides a unique brand of support for parents and children with special needs in their educational and community environment throughout the State of Texas and beyond in his "Hotel Prius".
He has a Bachelor of Science in Education and is also a former United States Marine Corps Sergeant claiming the moniker and related email address of specialedmarine. David started his career path at Denton State School and spent 20 years in the former Texas Mental Health and Mental Retardation Community Center system both as a supervisor and provider of case management services. David is also the parent of a child with a disability.
David helps families facilitate and explore entitlement and benefits such as TWC, LIDDA's, SSA, Medicaid Waiver Program, etc. He is also a talented musician, frequenting the various musical venues in the Central Texas area as a drummer. His list of skills does not end there as he is a hiker and an avid chess player.
David is a long-time COPAA member, co-chair of the COPAA Advocate Committee, and is a former sitting member of its Board of Directors.
As many of you already know David has a definite "gift of gab" and has artfully mastered the pun. He often says: "Under IDEA, a parent should never be caught between a Round Rock and an ARD place."
David specializes in providing information, training and creative support to families and communities in:
1) IDEA Procedural Safeguards which include due process hearings, complaints to TEA, mediation, and resolution sessions
2) OCR complaints and processes that address discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and Title IX
3) Educator Misconduct
4) Parent Rights under the Texas Education Code Chapter 26
5) District Level 1-2-3 Parent/ Student Compliance/ Grievance Process
6) FERPA Complaint
7) PPRA Complaint
8) DAEP/ JJAEP Hearings ( Change of placement/discipline hearings
9) MDR - Manifestation Determination Reviews under 504 /IDEA
10) ARD (Admission/Review/Dismissal), IEP, and 504 Process
bottom of page